harbor-wave

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

From the FoYA field...

I'm excited to report that the first two weeks of FoYA have gone really well!

Last Monday (9.18) we started FoYA and had 6 guests in our house. A few of them are former students of ours from First EPC in Renton and the others are from Boulevard. We took time for each to share a few minutes of our story (including passions, career/school path and what we hope for in young adult fellowship). After sharing I through out the challenge for us to take a few weeks to discuss "church" (perceptions and misperceptions).

Yesterday (9.25) we had 11 young adults attend FoYA (8 brand new). We allowed those that were new to share a bit about their life and then began our discussion about the church (not the local body, but the state of the American church). A nooma video entitled, "Sunday" helped spark the conversation. We now represent 3 different congregations and a few non-church goers (exciting stuff)! Be praying for this initial discussion trail (great time last night).

Thanks for your prayers!

One thing that really excites me is that a couple of the young adults have indicated that they see FoYA as their opportunity to re-enter the church community!

Grace,
Brian

4 Comments:

  • I am excited to hear about FoYA's start and am praying that this group will become a powerful vehicle God uses to reach others for Him!
    Thanks for the update Brian!
    Kellie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:18 PM  

  • I know personally that this ministry is taking a lot of the pressure off of me. I appreciate that there is something there for college age kids. I had half my prayer answered this week. Next week the other person I'm praying would get there hopefully will.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 AM  

  • I just heard from Mel about who all came to FoYA...and that's so cool!!!!!!! I'm glad that those that were there were there.
    -Anna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:19 PM  

  • Brian - please post your thoughts on the church today and what it's really for...

    By Blogger DaveDV, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home